Euro Symbol

Recently I replaced my computer, on the previous keyboard the euro symbol was below the number 4 and all that was required was to hold down CTRL and Alt. On the new keyboard the euro symbol is below the letter E and I have tried everything but cannot produce euro sign. I am sure somebody can put me out of my misery, PLEASE!

Baz

Baz

What OS are you using? And more to the point are you using an English keyboard or a French one?

Is the € sign on the right hand isde of the letter E key? If so is there an ALT GR key to the right of your space bar? 
If so, then try the ALT GR key and the E key together.

David and M, thanks for the speedy response, ALT Gr and the number 4 does the trick, would never have guessed. Still do not understand why the € sign is to the right of the E and I am using an UK keyboard and it does not work. At least I can now type €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Baz

Perhaps it was a production fault with the keyboard.
However whether it was or not is neither here nor there, at least you now know how to get the € sign!!

Happy €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

There is an alternative:

Hold down the ALT key and type in using the NUMERIC keypad 0128 and then release the ALT key.
On my keyboard it produces the € sign.

The other alternative I have discovered but does not work with my set up is hold down the ALT key and type in, again using the NUMERIC keypad 0136. On my set up it produces ˆbut it may work on yours.