ADSL Coverage in Eymoutiers, Haute Vienne?

Hello All,

First post to this forum, so sorry if I am asking in the wrong place.

I am moving out to Eymoutiers in February and currently getting utilities etc sorted out, including a phone line with France Telecom.  There was no previous connection to the house so a new line is having to be installed.

I would like to get a ADSL service installed as soon as possible when arrive, but as I do not have a phone number to put into the www.degrouptest.com site, I cannot check availability in the town.  Our house is located in the heart of the town so I imagine (Wishful thinking!) that we are within a reasonable distance of the exchange.

Does anyone on this usergroup know of availability of ADSL services in Eymoutier and have any thoughts on providers (I have read a lot on this forum on different ISPs in general, but if Eymoutiers service is limited to just a couple then specific feedback on those would be appreciated).  Obviously without a phone line installed this may not be possible at all anyway but i'm trying to check sooner rather than upon arrival when I will need to use it.  (There is an Internet Cafe in the town, so again i'm assuming that there is some sort of coverage....)

Thanks a lot in advance, I hope you can help, or point me in the right direction. 

Toby.

Does anyone on this usergroup know of availability of ADSL services in Eymoutier and have any thoughts on providers (I have read a lot on this forum on different ISPs in general, but if Eymoutiers service is limited to just a couple then specific feedback on those would be appreciated). 

If you can get ADSL at all then you can get it from at least 5 ISPs. There are no exceptions.

You cannot sign up until you have a line.

As for which has the best offer for you that depends on what you want and how much you want to pay.

the immoblier (Fralimo) in the centre of Eymoutiers has ADSL, so I reckon you'll be OK.

We have the same problem - there is a line to our house (La Veytisou - just down the road from you!) but we don't know the number, and not all of our commune - we're classed as Neuvic Entier - is covered.

Here's hoping!

Thank you one and all.  I cheated by using someone elses number who lives in the same road about 100m away and the degrouptest site said that France Telecoms service were all possible, N9uf telecoms were impossible, Cegetel had 2 of 6 services available, tiscali just had Option 3, 1Mbps / 128kbps and free and alice were impossible.

Looking through those ISP's, Cegetel's basic service looks promising and I guess wanadoo's too.  Any preferences here?  I need constant (hence adsl) connection, unlimited download capacity and anything faster than 256k is perfectly fine.  Ideally I would prefer to use a Wi-Fi router like I use in the UK so that both the wife and I can use our laptops with ease, something I would prefer to buy rather than rent (Would our UK one work in France?  it's quite configurable for different types of services etc and I guess getting the right cable etc would be easy). 

Thanks again for any more assistance or past experience with any of the above.

Toby.