ADVISE on Telephone Connection Company Wanted

Hi I wonder if anyone can advise about having a telephone line installed at our house near Le Dorat. We seem to have the line to the house but I have no idea how to get the service connected or any idea of costs, time, scales etc. I would like to have internet connection as well as fax services, does this make a difference, Sorry to be so ignorant but its something I take for granted in the UK. Any advise or help would be appreciated

Thanks

Phil

Just contact your local France Telecom office. if as you say you have a line in the house they should be able to connect you within 48 hours. You do not say what type of Internet connection you require, but in the first place you can discuss this also with France Telecom even if you decide to use another provider.

Baz 

Also find out the name and number of your nearest neighbour with a landline telephone as FT use the information to find your house.

Costs depends on distance from their nearest line but was negligible (under 100 euros) for totally new connection in our house in a hameau.

If you are going to make a significant number of calls get a cheaper telephone supplier from day one