Lost some channels???

Ok help someone please? Just moved house from the Dordogne to the Haute Vienne, 2 k actually.

Set the sat dish up today and everything locked in, no problem.

However, when you bring up the channel line up and then press BBC1, Channel 4 or BBC radio 2, it says not sat signal received. If we go onto other channels we can get them. So do I need to set up some different frequency, less than a week ago we got everything through the normal channel line up.

So any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Carol

I had much the same problem, there doesn't seem to be any reason for it so i just phoned SKY in the UK and told them and they 're-sent' the signal.  There was no problem, I told them 'my address' in the UK and they literally did it over the phone and the channels i'd lost, BBC1, BBC2 appeared before my eyes!  Goodluck

If you subscribe to Sky and live in France I certainly would not do what Titch suggested, if you do you are in great danger, if folk lore is correct,  of having your card zapped rather than the signal reset.

It seems from many posts on this topic that outside of the immediate satellite footprint, from time to time some channels dissapear, I lose Channel 4 from time to time, it even says no signal being received when all the others are fine, normally a quick channel hop does the trick or a power down for five minutes.  Contact with Sky is not recommended.

A call to Sky will make no difference at all if you are not getting any signal. 

Where are you situated and what size dish do you have?  It's possible that the dish is too small, or it may just need aligning.  You may also need to alter the skew of the lnb. 

To alter the skew you should rotate the lnb slightly - clockwise or anticlockwise - until you get an increase in signal quality, and continue in that direction for maximum signal quality.  You should also move the dish a fraction, east or west, again for maximum quality.  Do the same for the angle of elevation. 

With a digital signal you must allow the receiver time to react, so move the dish, barely a fraction, and stop. That also holds good for the lnb.  Continue doing this until you get maximum signal quality.

I would say give it a day or two with the dish on. We have had a couple of problems this week with BBC1 and BBC 2 locking on 101 and 102 but being perfectly OK on the regional numbers.

If you have only moved two kilometres skew will not have changed and if signal quality is passed about 60 % you should not have a problem.  

[quote]I would say give it a day or two with the dish on. We have had a couple of problems this week with BBC1 and BBC 2 locking on 101 and 102 but being perfectly OK on the regional numbers. If you have on...[/quote]

If the dish has been moved from one dwelling to another there is every likelihood that the lnb position has been changed. 

The same thing has happened to us and we haven't moved anything.  Thursday night we were receiving all the channels and then Friday night, no BBC1, BBC2 or Channel 5, plus some radio channels.  We've changed nothing.  I just came in here today to find out if anyone else was experiencing the same problem.  Don't fancy calling SKY, just in case.  Tried switching off the box, but no joy there.  I suppose the next step is to check the dish alignment, but as I said, we haven't moved or changed anything and its worked perfectly here for four years.

Sheila  

We have our channels back too.  We borrowed a beeper/meter from friends to check the alignment and after literally just touching the dish, all channels were back.  We have a second dish for french TV and all the channels had gone snowy.  It was the same story there - just a touch and all was fine again.  Strange after nearly four years that something changed without anyone touching the dishes. 

Just had a scary thought - maybe its the wall that's moved!!!     No, lets not go there.

Thanks for the advice all.

Sheila