ADSL in the Gironde

Hello

We are looking to buy a house in the Gironde, probably between the Libourne, Castillon, St Foye area down to the Langon, Barsac and Cerons area - basically the Entre Deux Mers region.

We will need somewhere with ADSL internet connection.  Does anyone know if it's available in this area or how far out of Bordeaux you can be and still get ADSL?

Any other ADSL information on areas within a 45 minute commute of Bordeaux would also be helpful

Many thanks

Sasha

Hi

Thanks for the links.  I've been to the France Telecom website, but they only seem to give you the information if you have a telephone number to type in and not a location/post code.  And as we have yet to buy our house, we don't have the required telephone number.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I have trawled the site with my limited French and cannot find a link for postal codes.

Sasha

Hi

An example search for boulangere in Barsac.

This gives a phone number :  05 56 27 19 12

Degrouptest (using only this phone number) tells me ADSL is available at all speeds for that phone number. Checking Couverture tells me the whole of Barsac is covered, but Virelade  has only partial cover.

Obviously speed and availability varies with location within the commune, but this is the best solution for the original poster who wanted to get an idea of which areas had ADSL.

Peter

Hi Sashabel

Totally random really and not anything to do with asdl lines but it is about the Gironde.  Have you found any properties yet?  we spent 9 months looking for the right house there and have eventually bought a wonderful house in the Gers instead.  However we did make some wonderful contacts one of which was a brilliant immobilier who covers the Entre deux Mers region.  Sadly there was nothing available for us during that period but i would recommend him to anyone.  His name is Edouard Cottignies and he owns the Laforet agency in Libourne, Creon and soon to be in Branne.  His email address is [email protected] and he speaks perfect English.  We dealt with many agents - all of them French.  Don't be tempted by the English agents - the French agents virtually all speak English and by and large know what the English buyer is after.  Edouard ia a gem.  Happy hunting.