wanadoo / France Telecom

I have installed wanadoo  and selected their Extense 512 offer. I thought that having paid the monthly fee by Direct Debit, this would then provide unlimited Internet access ( similar to the NTL package I had in the U.K), but my phone bill shows otherwise.

What Wanadoo package is most cost efficient for a heavy user?

Also, I have been sent a Live Box by French Telecom ( I was not previously aware that they are connected with Wanadoo) 

Everything is working OK without the Live Box , Must I install it? I'm not sure what is for. We only have one computer and no TV at present.

Advice please!

Extense 512 is an ADSL (broadband) package supplied by Wanadoo (The internet arm of France Telecom, just like BT Internet).

As a broadband package you shouldn't using dial up at all, as you will have a link that it connected 24 hours a day, so there should be no charges for phone calls.

The Livebox is FT's bit of kit for connecting your computer and TV for Broadband Services.

Are you using your UK Broadband Router instead of the FT kit? or are you using your old UK modem , and connecting by a second , dial-up, Wanadoo account, on a Pay as You go basis?

This would explain the call charges!

Thanks a million!

I am still using the integral UK modem and it does dial up like it did in the UK ( couldn't get broadband when I was there, so I'm a bit of a broadband virgin!)

I am paying by the second so I'm going to go away right now and try and get the  Live box attached asap!