I have an account with ebay UK, I now live in France so I advertised my car on ebay France, the problem is on the advert half the details of the car have been changed to english, do I have to open a seperate account with ebay France and if so will I have my UK feedback? Has anyone else had this problem?

Any advice much appreciated

The only issuse you may find is that you will get into problems regarding currency of your transaction, if you log onto .fr you can only set prices in Euro, .co.uk will only allow Sterling. OK No problems there

BUT

If you use Paypal to get the proceeds from the sale then you get the situation which they will only allow you to remove money in Euro into a French bank account if you are french resident, this is OK of course, but if you have quoted in Sterling for the sale, then you get hit by their exchange rates for converting it into Euro for your French account. Also if you are French resident, they will not allow you to take the money out into a UK bank at all even if you use a UK bank credit card to pay for stuff. Typically american business Anti money laundering is the excuse, as if !! how many drug dealers are going to use Paypal to launder money??

I have sent many emails back and forward to Paypal but have not yet received a satisfactory answer

Unless anyone knows better

I live in France and can download from Paypal in Euros to my French bank account and in sterling to my English.  As long as you have the necessary accounts registered with Paypal there is no problem.  Can't get away from the poor exchange rate though!

• 1 month later...