pay as you go or dial up connection in France

At last I have set up an old computer so we can keep in touch via e-mail with family etc. - as this is a second home I don't want to get caught up in monthly fees for interent connection and have tried - unsuccessfully - to get the equivalent of "pay as you go" or "dial up"  which is available in the uk. 

Can anyone advise where I might be able to get the equivalent in France and if available what they call it - as my attempts at explaing it seemed to confuse.  Le dial up and Le pay as you go don't seem to be a known phrase!

Thanks

aj

Sans abonnment is what you are looking for.

The offer seems to be declining as more and more move to Broadband.

We have been very satisfied with Tele2 who offer a package at 10 euros per calendar month, but with the advantage that you pay nothing in the months when it is not used at all. this gives 35 hours access.

Others packages are available from tiscali and others.

Wannadoo also have pay as you go, not the cheapest but very easy to set up - either set up dial in details from their email to you if you can access at the moment, or wait for the cd in the post.

Not being in France all the time, and using broadband in the UK, this suits fine.