Logitec optical mouse.

I have just got a Logitec optical mouse and it's very good apart from that I can't get the 'scroll wheel'  to scroll? I have loaded the driver and tried all the things I can think of. Clicking the scroll wheel alows the normal variable speed scrolling by moving the mouse up/down.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong please?

Confused John

I use a Mac so not 100% sure for PC but you should have a options menu/systems menu where you can set screen res, and other defaults. This menu should also show options for mouse and keyboard and you can then set the mouse up. i.e scroll, cursor speed and functions. You should be able to cusmtomise it for differnt applications.

You should see a mouse symbol in the bottom right hand blue bar of your screen (just to the left of where the time is shown). Double click on this icon and it will open up the mouse control window. If you have loaded the logitech software correctly it will show a schematic picture of your mouse and the logitech logo. In the window you have opened. Click on the "buttons" tab and look for the no. "2" drop dowm menu in the new window. In this menu select "auto scroll". Click "apply" and then exit. This should resolve your problem.

Hi Eslier, I have tried the setting you said, but to no avail. As far as I know I have loaded the driver OK. Still only click the scroll and move the curser ( not a smelling mastike) to scroll the page. I hate PCs, I would rather work on a mainframe for a week than a PC for a minute. (I was an IBM hardware service eng on mainframes for 18 years!!!).

John.

Goose my friend, chance would be a fine thing! Just think, no spam, no hackers, no worms and no viruses. Just the normal software screw-ups !!!

I think that I may have to throw myself on the merciey of Legotich and see if they know their equipment ?

John.