French TV in the UK?

You will need a(nother) dish pointed at the Atlantic Bird satellite.This offers the normal French TV , if you have a multi-standard TV (Including SECAM) then you use a cheap and cheerful analogue receiver. Otherwise a slightly dearer digital receiver (non Sky). Either are cheaply available from places like Bricodepot. no subscriptions required.

Then you won't miss Jean Pierre, or Star Academy!

If you are real addict you could subscribe to TPS or Canal Sat, have even more channels to watch, and have "Is it legal to watch Sky in France?" anguish but in reverse.

Each to their own, I suppose. Maybe it's the converse of the 'Greek wine factor' and French TV actually is more entertaining when you get it home.

It all depends on where you are in Britain, and how big and complicated an aerial you are prepared to put up. I know of somebody who receives French terrestrial programmes in SE England, but he is the sort of person who has forgotten more than I ever knew about TV reception (and he has his own private TV aerial museum for Christ's sake).

Otherwise a suitable satellite dish and receiver is the answer.

Persist with TV5, there is after all Jour pour un champion(title?) and although not quite as dreadful as other shows, it has its moments.  (Do you think anyone on this planet is deranged enough to want to log on to the web site to listen to le jingle???)  And all students acknowledge, no matter how boring the programme, it does help with the French.  And where else on TV are you going to find so many drop dread gorgeous bimbettes interviewing (and flirting with) sad old ageing intellectuals?  Now that's entertainment, and that's just the breakfast programmes!  M