Need help with connecting!

Hi,

We have been with Tiscali since we moved here 3 years ago. I recently signed up with Onspeed as our connections were really slow, and we can't get ADSL.

We've now had Onspeed for about 6 weeks and I keep getting an error message when I try to connect to Tiscali.

I click on "Dial" it says "Dialling..."

Then it goes to "Verifying username and password"

Then an error message pops up,

"Unable to connect as the username and/or password is invalid on the domain"

If I keep on trying to connect it will do after the 5th or 6th attempt. But it's driving me mad! I haven't changed my password or username, so I don't know what to do!

Has anyone any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance

LG

P.S. Have just been to http://www.tiscali.fr and it's brougt up "ALICEADSL"! What is that all about???? I can still log in, so have Tiscali changed then, could that explain why I'm having problems connecting?

I am having the same problem with Tiscali. I suspect that it is a overloading issue (you are getting the invalid username message because the authorisation software is timing out, I suspect). I doubt if the likes of you or I can do much about it.

I am currently arguing with Tiscali about cancelling my contract, so I am not that worried!

Alice is the new name for Tiscali. Where I come from, this is called "doing a Winscale".

LG

I have the same setup as you but don't have any problems with Alice nee Tiscali. 

Why can't you get ADSL with them, is it your address or line etc? My village can't get ADSL yet but may do someday and I would like to change if at all possible.

[quote]Hi. Have checked with them and they say it's not aailable our our village, but a neighbour is on ADSL with Wandoo!? Think they make it up as they go along! LG[/quote]

Wanadoo (owned by FT) opens the line (so to speak) for ADSL, but Free, Alice/Tiscali and others have to buy into it.

It's not worth their while if only a handful of people are likely to use the service, hence their advice that it's not available.

They're hardly going to advise you to defect to Wanadoo!

Clair