ADSL - Set up problems

Are there any techies out there who can help me?

We've finally got onto ADSL (hoorah) and have set up our "Alicebox" onto the laptop computer via an Ethernet connection without any problems.

We want to set up the other computer using a wireless (WiFi) connection. The Alice box didn't come with a WiFi key so we bought one from the supermarket and installed it without problems. The problems come when we try to install the Alice (tiscali) software onto the second computer. The setup sequence seems to go fine, it finds the WiFi signal (at 100%) and says the installation is complete. After clicking on Terminée a new window with the Alice sybol opens - and then a window type message appears saying "2 is not valid paramater, value must be between [1...1]". At this point the whole thing blocks up and we have to do CTRL-ALT-DEL and end the task.

I have spent over an hour with 4 different people on the 24 hour asistance help line (with my good French) but they haven't been able to solve the problem. I have un-installed and re-installed all the software about 10 times, rebooted everything in site, and even got hold of a new CD with the software on but I am still getting the same error message.

I am at my wits end - and after 3 lost days of work am now convinced that computers DO NOT save time.

Please help.

Ju

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure if I have enough details of your setup but if one PC is connected via the ISP modem then the second PC should be able to share the connection without installing ISP software if both are running Windows XP.

The alternative is buy a wifi adsl firewall router like Netgear 834g (4 ethernet ports) or something like that then you don't need any ISP software which usually brings more spam than it blocks. Also no need then for ISP Modems which usually have only one port.