I refer to my answer on another thread m'lord  (m'lady)

In fact you CAN get ITV 4 on a Sky box by scanning (via services->system set up->add channels) 10758 V 22000 5/6 ,  and save it for subsequent viewing via Other Channels.   The channel is called 10072 at the moment,  this will probably change.

And on a non sky box just do a scan of 10758.   In other words it's there,  just not on the Sky EPG; (bit like Radio Caroline for example).

The 136 duplicate was a one night fix;  in a few days ITV 4 will crop up on 120 when Sky next update the EPG.

I assme we are taking a Sky dodgybox here from your reference to 136.

Sorry not to have found your query until this am.

Oh right - I was out last night and didn't witness that it's become a 2-night fix!  All should be sorted in a couple of days.

It gives one an idea - confirmed in other quarters - of what a muddle the ITV empire seems to be in;  major channel allocation decisions made with minutes to go,  pulling channels to make room for others, etc etc.   Here in the south west of England we have only just got ITV News back on Freeview after an absence of over a year for "re-engineering" (and the on screen logo still said 'til two days ago that it would be back in EARLY 2005),  and even then it makes way for ITV 4 in the evening.

Bring back the I.B.A. I say!