BBC radio via Satellite

We have just had a satellite dish installed, tuned to Astra 2 and bought a free to air box for international channels which also receives French freeview TNT. We have successfully managed to get all the UK TV channels but are having trouble with radio. The various BBC stations comes up on the menu from the box and on screen it says we are getting a signal (green line) but there is no sound coming through. The only radio station we seem to be able to pick up is CNN news. Does anyone have any idea why this may be? Many thanks for your advice.

As a first step (if you haven't done it) try a rescan.  Most of these things are sold with many stations pre-programmed in,  and often the parameters have changed by the time they're out of the box and hooked up.  Having said that one would think that the presence of TNT means it's a modern box.  What make (out of interest?).

The frequency to scan specifically is 10803 MHz (10.803 GHz)  Horizontal pol  S/R 22000 FE 5/6

Presumably the radio stations are on a separate "list" to the TV stations?

It's unlikely to be a signal problem (as you demonstrate) because the BBC TV stations are present.   But you could double check by also scanning 12441 MHz,  V  27500 2/3 and see if this gives you feeds of Radio 2 & 4.

Post again if this doesn't work please. 

martin

I think on the French boxes that have a radio/TV switch on the remote, you have to be in radio mode to scan and collect radio stations, it sounds like the scan was done in TV mode and so only picks up certain stations and sound feeds. They may have also selected the wrong scan option, I use ALL although you can get FTA, it hides some of the FTA SKY stuff.   To get the full range of radio stations on my PSB box, you have to do a scan in both modes.