Buying DVD's from Amazon.fr

I know I'm probably going to get ribbed for this question but I am a bit of a DVD recorder novice having only recently purchased one.

Anyway, my question is this "how can I tell if a DVD I am about to purchase from Amazon.fr will be in English language as well as french".  One in particular that I am interested in 'Shrek2' states:

Détails de l'édition :
Zone 2 (Europe, Moyen-Orient & Japon)
Origine : France
ASIN : B0006FOOCY

Anyone know????

There is no obvious way of telling from the Amazon sites - any of them. Amazon UK isn't specific either.

We do several things - eyeball the back of the DVD in Leclerc (or elsewhere) and see what the French supply. Then buy the thing from Amazon fr. OR buy from Amazon UK. Delivery to France is normally quite cheap - you do pay the higher TVA though.

Recently Amazon seem to be giving less and less technical info about DVDs, they used to be quite good.

Try looking at www.alapage.fr ( They are owned by Wanadoo/France Telecom) and they do give more info ;Shrek 2 is shown as english and french.

By and large I have found that most recent Big Name films which originate from the USA or UK, have both the original language and French soundtracks. The cheapo DVDs that you find in hypermarket bins, often films that you have never heard of, are usually french dubbed only. Its not a 100%  but pretty much like that.