Where can I buy a PC in the UK?

[quote]You could always buy a French PC and (shock horror !!!!) you might even find that having Windows in French isn't that bad after all. You can load all your existing software in English, download Engli...[/quote]

I've recently bought a new laptop from Super-U at a much cheaper price than I cold have bought anything similar searching the main UK computer suppliers websites.

Well Eslier, just pray to your God it does not go wrong then, Super U sell food not PC's!! We all know people who have bought "cheap" Hi-fi's, bikes, chainsaws, mowers etc etc and when they go wrong, your troubles are just starting, Super/Hyper U are not Tescos

and just to think you could have gone to a French PC shop and got a French PC and French after sales service

When in france........ do as you do in the UK and buy your PC/TV/Stereo at a supermarket

Thank you Ron for our concern (if that's what it was). You will, I am certain, be delighted to be reassured that my laptop is not a Tokiwa or other nondescript make, it is in fact a Fujitsu Siemens and is a model that is widely available both here and in the UK. What is more, it comes wih an on site warranty (not provided by Super-U).

These days there is little to choose between computer suppliers and providing you know what you are doing with computers, you might as well buy from wherever offers the best deal. For those people who are not confident with setting up and maintaining their computer then it is better to go to a local smaller shop and pay a little more to benefit from the personal service that is offered. Buying a PC from the UK if you live in France could cause huge problems if a warranty fault should occur. French mail order companie s are fine but remember that if you need to phone them with a problem, you will need to be able to speak good French.