long term let sought-with pets

AngelaB

Hi, am looking to move to the Limousin region but first would like to rent to find the best area for me. Need a 1 bedroom house with secure garden and away from roads that will allow my 2 dogs and 4 cats to come with me - any pointers gratefully received! Also, local vet would be useful, walking or bus distance as I don't drive. Thanks!

[quote user="AngelaB"] Need a 1 bedroom house with secure garden and away from roads that will allow my 2 dogs and 4 cats to come with me ... as I don't drive. [/quote]

Hello and welcome.

Good idea to rent before buying and there should not be too much problem even with the number of animals you have. Though I must admit I am at a loss to visualise how you, and your animals, are going to get over here if you don't drive.

Sue

Buses in rural France can be very iffy. We were lucky we had several day, but my friend who lived a long way from a proper town,had one a week leaving more or less at dawn and returning that evening.

Never mind getting to the vets, how will you get your shopping if you are so remote? Supermarkets don't often do home deliveries, as far as I am aware.

• Thanks 1

I believe that by law, landlords aren't allowed to use pets as a reason for refusing to accept a tenant. Though it has to be said that if they feel that 2 dogs and 4 cats is too many, they will simply find another reason to prefer a different tenant. In fact, for long term letsn landlords and agencies are likely to be more concerned about having proof that prospective tenants are in secure employment, than how many pets they have.

Hopefully you are planning to live in or near a town because as said, bus services in rural France can be anywhere from three or four buses per weekday which would be a good service, to one or two buses a week, to no bus service at all. If you need to live near a regular bus service, it will cut your options. Having said that, being reasonably accessible by public transport was one of my criteria and it wasn't too hard to meet it.