Electricity Tariffs

Not sure if I have posted this in the correct forum but hey Here goes sorry if its wrong!

We have just recieved our first electricity bill , bit surprised at the amount could anyone explain different tariffs etc. We are on Tarif souscrit 012 TB ST 12kVA. We are not sure if we are on the correct tariff for general household usage any help would be gratefully rec, Ta[8-)]

It very difficult to give you an answer as the size of your property is not known, how do you heat, how many electrical appliances do you have? I always recommend going to your local EDF office armed with details of your appliances, they will then imput the information into their computer and then are able to give you advice on both Tarrifs and power consumption required. This is very good service offered by EDF and you can be certain that their advice is the best.

Baz

You can get an explanation of all the different tarrifs on the EDF web site as well as a caculator to reccommend the best tarrif for the amount of and what type of appliances you have. I only wish they did an english translation version of their site, it would make it slighly easier to understand.

Here is a link to the tarifs.

http://particuliers.edf.fr/article564.html

I can only agree with what the others have said, go to EDF or they will get an advisor to phone you and they can recommend the best tarif for you. You just have to have the facts on how many people live in the house, electrical appliances used and heating method. I saved myself hundreds of euros by going to see them and switching from the tarif the previous owner had to the tempo rate for 2 of my gites and the swimming pool as most electricity is used in the summer when the rate is really cheap. If you use most electricity in the winter, another tarif would be cheaper.