Ambrieres 53 - advice sought

Hello - we have seen a small house that we quite like on the D33 just outside Ambrieres. les V.

We know a new fosse septique will be required - can anyone recommend a local expert for this work?  I'm guessing it will cost between 5000 and 7000 euros - about right?  As an aside, the old fosse is above ground in an outhouse, which is something I have not seen before - should this be a concern?

We also will need a plumber for general updates, mostly small works (I hope!).

Lastly an english-speaking notaire somewhere in the general area would be much appreciated.

All comments suggestions gratefully received......

Thanks

[quote user="andyh4"]If you want a new fosse underground, the fact that the old one is above might suggest that the costs will be rather high - in other words the ground is not easily excavated[/quote]

For the OP's sake let's hope not.

We have an old farmhouse with the septic tank above-ground in the cellar (the tank is an old-fashioned concrete cylinder), and a newly converted barn with a plastic septic tank underground. Although the ground was stony (schist) the digger had no problem at all making a suitably large hole. The pool went in easily enough too.

And in case you're wondering how a cellar is "above-ground", the house is built on a steep slope, so the cellar has a door at ground level at one end.

I'd guess that back then if you could put the septic tank above ground you did, as it is that much less work. No-one likes digging.

If ours had been underground, then we would have had to have a pump to pump it out. It wasn't possible where we lived to do other than have it where it was. It was housed with block bricks which were later crepi'd and the base and housing filled with sand so sort of buried  to protect it from the winter cold. Then sand and soil on top and we grew flowers.