NRJ mobile problem - Help!

After reading some info on this forum about the payg NRJ mobile sim card we decided to get one for our uk mobile. So after a visit to Carrfour and 30 euros later we have the new sim with a few minutes call time thrown in. But now the problem - we can call ok on it to a french landline but cannot be called by one (have tried 2 different landlines), will not get through even to leave a message. A recorded message can be heard when trying to call from the landline but not being very good with the lingo yet we cannot tell what the problem is. It doesn't make sense that we can call though. We can even send a text to the mobile from that same mobile and it receives ok. Confussed!

I bought the SIM too and it is working fine. I am not an expert on mobile phones so maybe someone else can help better - but 2 thoughts....

I went online to register and you can then see your usage etc. online - although I wouldn't think this would affect your incoming calls

On your phone have you set the bit about network selection? Mine's on automatic. NRJ uses SFR I think

Good luck 

[quote user="zrx1100"]After reading some info on this forum about the payg NRJ mobile sim card we decided to get one for our uk mobile. So after a visit to Carrfour and 30 euros later we have the new sim with a few minutes call time thrown in. But now the problem - we can call ok on it to a french landline but cannot be called by one (have tried 2 different landlines), will not get through even to leave a message. A recorded message can be heard when trying to call from the landline but not being very good with the lingo yet we cannot tell what the problem is. It doesn't make sense that we can call though. We can even send a text to the mobile from that same mobile and it receives ok. Confused![/quote]

Can you ask a kind French speaking friend or neighbour to listen to the message for you?

I bought my SIM card from Carrefour too and the sales person set it up for me. It probably would have been faster for me to do it, but I had lost the will to argue after wainting for over 20minutes whislt she was getting to grips with her computer terminal!! Once she had started, it was simpler to let her finish...

This is what is suggested on NRJmobile's website to set up your phone to their service:

NRJ mobile vous aide à paramétrer votre mobile

Vous avez acheté une SIM seule NRJ mobile et n'arrivez pas à paramétrer votre mobile ?

Pas de soucis ! Allez dans la rubrique "Gérer la ligne / Paramétrage" de votre espace client,

et suivez la procédure automatique qui vous est proposée.

NRJ mobile  helps you to set up your mobile

Have you bought an NRJ SIM card and cannot set up your mobile?  No problem!  Go to the heading "Gérer la ligne / Paramétrage" of your customer area, and follow the automatic procedure which is suggested to you.

Go to NRJmobile, log on (very top right hand side), click on "Gérer ma ligne" (3rd link across the top), then on "Paramètrage" (1st link on left hand side). Follow the instructions (make and type of phone...)