More livebox problems

I have recently had terrible problems with livebox not working - lasted about a week.  I managed to get it going again - thanks to the living France threads - although I do not know exactly what I did to acheive this.  It did not spring up and suddenly start - it was several hours later I found I had web access.  Now, everytime I switch on I get an error message [ I cannot automatically get rid of ], telling me that I am not connected when I am.   There are several other anomalies but one of the most annoying is that Outlook Express asks for my password each time I access it but will not remember it - the option is unaccessable.   I would re-install the whole thing were it not for the fact that the packing box, with an access code on it, has been thrown away so I dare not risk it.   I hate my Livebox.

Glynis

You are not alone.  There is a site just for complaints and slagging off.  I have taken it off my favourites but if you google, you will find it.

I had one which just would not work.  A very nice man came and within a second he said it was cream crackered.

Trouble is, you should have kept the box.  Try going back to France Telecom and chucking it all on the desk and saying it is broken.  When they give you another one, check in the box as although the new one they gave me was apparently sealed, half the stuff inside was missing.

Just a thought, is your access code still on the disc?  When you get to that page?

First things first.  Outlook Express has nothing to do with Livebox, it is a programme on your computer, you choose to use it to receive Emails and can use it whether you have a livebox or a dial up.  You can equally access youir E mails via Wanadoo's messagerie.  You need to look at Tools /Accounts/properties  etc and network connections  to cure that problem.

You say Livebox is telling you that you are not connected when you are but how do you know?  Livebox as such tells you nothing.  If you are getting a message on your wireless connection icon that tells you that you are connected which is what I think you mean, that does not mean that you are automatically connected to Wanadoo.  Do you get any error messages when you log onto the internet or outlook Express?  If you get a cannot find site message on boot up, have you tried refreshing?  Sometimes Wanadoo tries to connect before your computer has booted up properly so the connection fails, so you just try again..  Sometimes you will lose e-mail or the internet on your livebox, particularly if it is left on for long periods of time, what you have to do is reset the Livebox eiither by pushing the buton undernneath or simply pulling out the power supply lead and putting it back in.

Have a google on LIVEBOX in Google .co.uk. Wanadoo UK uses Liveboxes and they have a help page/users guide in English if your French is not up to Wanadoo.fr's help pages.  Hope this helps[:)]