Not so Thumper, I was registered in the UK and had all my stuff sent here to France without any problem.  Try it again.  I have since changed my confirmed address to France but still use E bay UK, in fact you can use whatever E bay you want to to access it, and  if you live in France, you can easily register UK addresses for delivery as many French sellers to the UK will testify.

Norton,

why do you want to register with Ebay UK with a French address? 

I am registered with ebay.fr and have delivery addresses in the UK, Germany (where I work and registered as my main residence) and France (real home).  I purchase on ebay.fr /.de/.co.uk  - all without problems except that occasionally I get a warning message that a seller may not be prepared to sell to me in my homecountry - no problem just change the delivery address.

Yes I have a similar problem at the moment, BUT I cannot get my PayPal account to configure with any of my UKcredit cards or debit cards.  They are all now registered at our French home address, where we live permanently, but the PayPal update allows the credit card details to be updated, BUT ONLY with UK addresses.

So it bounces me out, and & cannot use my PayPal account at all, as it will not accept the correct & bone-fide address that the card company uses in France - HELP!

Mark

Mark

If you have a French address on Ebay you will not be abl to update or add a switc/maestro card, but you should be able change it to a UK credit card without any problem.  make  sure that your credit card billing address is actually in France and your confirmed Paypal address is the same as your credit card address in France.  If you still have a problem, E mail Paypal.  When you change to Paypal .fr  you will then start to get the French language Paypal screen but strangely the E mail confirmationns from services@ paypal.fr are in English[:O].