but not all will).  If you are in France

just go into your nearest computer store and they will probably have several

available.

Wanadoo

really like the Livebox and use a lot of excuses to try to get you to use

one.  You may not get Wanadoo’s Internet

TV unless you use their Livebox (though its not available in all areas and I

don’t know of anybody using it).  Also,

you life might become easier and the internet “less hastle”.  They seem unpopular and unreliable devices.

Ian

We are with Wanadoo started with a 'Livebox' or 'Deadbox' as we ended up calling it. Nothing but trouble. We run two laptops, one wi-fi one ethernet. The solution for us was a Netgear DG834G which cost about 100 Euros. We have never had a problem with it, no crashes just super service. You can pick one up on the net or at most good French computer shops, we got ours locally here.

Bob

We got a Wanadoo ADSL connection with their cheapest possible modem (1 euro) and threw it away.  Instead we used Linksys wireless equipment (bought from Auchan but Amazon is a good source too) to make broadband connection.  The Linksys help desk is excellent - in English or in French.  We got a router and a modem but they do an all in one set.

No disrespect to Wandadoo but it isn't OK for their software to take over your whole computer if it is a laptop and you travel about, needing to link to different service providers depending where you are.  Good luck!

We've experience dproblems with the Livebox (deadbox is an excellent analogy). It's constantly crashing us off the net and we have to reinstall the software to reconnect. Our laptop isn't the best it's only a 2ghz and pretty slow and normally my problems occur when running IE, Outloook Express and Limewire at the same time. I'm waiting for my computer to arrive from Australia as it's quicker than this one and setting it up on there hoping for an improvement. Wireless with Wanadoo is completely pointless though. Works for 5 mins and then hops off.