Wanadoo.fr e-mails to NTL, Tesco etc addresses - possible fix

I have just picked up from another forum that wanadoo has a fix which it is claimed will allow e-mails to get through to those other ISPs which block all e-mails from wanadoo servers. This page desribes how to implement it:

http://www.wanadoo.fr/bin/frame2.cgi?u=http://assistance.wanadoo.fr/reponse1354.asp

We just want Tiscali to do the same (as long as the above works - I haven't tried it myself yet).

Will

Thankyou so much for this link, it really works and I can and have contacted NTL users again, I have done three messages successfully so far without any problems, it was getting desperate with some as I was having to use third parties to forward messages as even hotmail started to be bounced.

As this is such a common problem should this link not go in FAQ's??

Yes, I've now got through to somebody on tesco.net whom I've been trying to contact for two months now, so it looks as if the problem is solved for now. But as mentioned above, if the alternative server gets spam blacklisted then it looks like it's back to square one. I'll add the link to the FAQs if you think that will be useful.

Hi Will,

Eager to put this reconfigeration to work and understand the process very graphically described. But I do not how to get the first stage up. This is the first one on your instruction sheet, called Microsoft Outlook Express. I can find Microsoft Outlook and and I can also find Outlook Express but not the first one!

Could you instruct me how to find it?

Regards. Lautrec.

Lautrec - it's for Outlook Express 6 - are you using that version?

I followed it OK because my comp in France is all in French like the example, now I'm in England I can compare it with English Outlook Express.

Open Outlook Express, go to 'Tools' then 'Accounts', select the wanadoo account, then 'properties' and change the smtp server name (for outgoing mail) to that shown in the example.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Will,

I understand your instructions and know exactly what I am supposed to do. But Percy Computer does not want to comply and I still seem to have trouble getting the Outlook Express 6 to come up with my servers name to enable me to proceed. Still, I have only had one attempt lasting 30 minutes and I will try again today after the Rugby!.(Swing low!)

Regards.Lautrec