Using Sky Card in another sky box....

My Dad has Sky at home in England complete with sports option, is it

possible to put his card in my sky box when he comes over in order for

him to watch Sky Sports ?  Will this work and if so/not will it

cause him any problems when he gets back and uses his own box ? 

Thanks

Unfortunately, as each card is matched to a digibox it will not work in your box. For it to work and certainly do not go down this route, you would have to contact sky and give details of your box and when your Dad returns to the UK revert back to his box. However, I suspect if you did this Sky might start asking awkward questions.

Baz

I'd give it a go,  as long as the box and card are not going to be separated for more than a couple of weeks.

Baz is right in that Sky do have the facility to match up boxes and cards down to the last channel if they want,  but at the present moment a lot of channels DO work with the "wrong" card in the "wrong" box.   I don't know about the Sports channels as I don't subscribe to that package,  and certainly the PPV films won't work,   but it wouldn't do any harm to try the sports ones.

However if someone can confirm that the Sports ones are tied to the box/card then obviously don't bother.

[quote user="Steve"]

hi i take my card from my home in england to france and it works fine i also have two other boxs ie kids room it works in them too if you want to watch pay as you go you will have to phone them up .

[/quote]

Do you have a Premier Package, i.e. movies and sports?  The card is matched to the box for these, and will work for any of the others.

[quote user="Steve"]hi yes sports 1 2 3  and all movies last november was the last time i took it but i used a relatives card in feb when i was there. [/quote]

That's very odd, you seem to be the only one who is able to do this.  I certainly can't, and I don't know anyone else who can.  See faq for Sky Digital.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.satellite.tv.europe/msg/ab72a844192693d8?hl=en

>Can I use my card in another box?

All cards will work in any box for all channels except the "premium"
sport and film channels. For multiroom cards this restriction is
extended to all pay channels.