remote to set video

I remember a while back you could buy a remote to turn on/change channels on a sky box and a video recorder, if I am correct it had two clock like dials that allowed you to set different programs if you were out etc.

Does anyone use one of these, what are they called and can they still be obtained. Or am I talking a load of rubbish.

Steve

I use a Phantom PVR. You chose the programmes you want to video using the Yellow button to first select the programme on the SKY digibox then the Red button to make the programme into an automatic view. Provided you have a tape in the VCR, the PVR then send the codes to the VCR to tell it to record immediately and stop and the end of the programme. Harder to explain than to use.

Link below has more details ( no commercial conection other than happy customer ) It is available in other UK outlets though I have not seen one in France. 

http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page3b.htm#phantom

Anton,

Can you set this to change channels on the sky box? IE record something on BBC1 at 7pm to 7.30 and later in the evening  a program on say ITV. I don't have a problem with the video side as this can be set to record through the scart lead from the sky box. The problem is changing the sky channels when no-one is in.

Cheers

Steve

The Sky channels will change when nobody is in. To test this page through the channels amd select programmes using the 'yellow' button if you then review your selections you will then be able to make them autoview by pressing the red button.  

Have a play with the remote having set a couple of progs up if this does not make sense