sending emails to "undisclosed recipients"

Hi

I want to send an email to quite a few people that I have emailed in the past (old customers) but I don't think I should display their adresses for all to see.  Can anyone tell me how I can send an email to several adresses so that I get the "undisclosed recipients" notice in the "to" box?

Many thanks.

I'm assuming you are using Outlook. If so, make up a mailing list and then send to that, and all that will show is the title of the list. I can't remember exactly how to do it (!) and I don't have Outlook any more, but it is pretty straightforward.

Is it the same as a distribution list?

I have never done this....

Outlook 2003

1. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Distribution List.

2. In the Name box, type a name.

3. Click Select Members.

4. In the Show names from the list, click the address book that contains the e-mail addresses you want in your distribution list.

5. In the Type name or select from list box, type a name you want to include. In the list below, select the name, and then click Members. Do this for each person you want to add to the distribution list, and then click OK.

If you want to add a longer description of the distribution list, click the Notes tab, and then type the text.

The distribution list is saved in your Contacts folder by the name you give it.

You can use a “Distribution List” (in Outlook) but it is best to add the Distribution list to the BCC rather than the "To" address field.  If your client does insist on a "To" address (or what I tend to do anyway even when there is to To address required) is to put my own mail address there.

Ian

Add to that a complication. Some ISP's will filter out mass mailings as they tend to be spam. So sometimes you have to break the group down into smaller units, or use a mail distribution service.

Don't ask me where I remember this from but 6 was a safe number whereas 20+ was a dodgy one.

However earlier today I did a membership list of 26 without problems on that score.

Good luck