TV via the internet

Hi,

Does anybody watch TV via the internet?  I've been looking at some of the websites that offer it for a one off fee but would like a recommendation before I try it.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jon Grant.

I've used it to try to watch some live premiership games that are shown on some Asian channels. Spent ages trying to set it up only to find out my connection speed is too slow. I think you need the capability of downloading at least at around 300kbps (my max is 135kbps). That is as much as I can tell you I'm afraid.

I too have watched Premiership football via the internet. As the previous poster said, you can find Asian websites which have 'streaming video'. You need an broadband service. The picture quality is poor but watchable, the commentaries usually in Chinese and very irritating. The links have a habit of breaking or freezing too. It really is only for the dedicated addict who misses his home team and needs his weekly fix... oh yes, that's me.

Sid   

[quote user="sid"]

I too have watched Premiership football via the internet. As the previous poster said, you can find Asian websites which have 'streaming video'. You need an broadband service. The picture quality is poor but watchable, the commentaries usually in Chinese and very irritating. The links have a habit of breaking or freezing too. It really is only for the dedicated addict who misses his home team and needs his weekly fix... oh yes, that's me.

Sid   

[/quote]

I actually find that a blessing because the English commentators haven't a clue :)

After this season, I've found my connection speed to be a blessing too as I am unable to watch my team. Yes I support Everton :)