one for the telly boffins

I use to have a pile of T.V./ Free View box/ video/dvd player/ all worked well!! while at home hubby removed the dvd player to put in his office. since he has gone i have found out that now my video is only recording fuzz, plus i can,t even play pre recorded, Now i hope its just case of the scart leads in the wrong place? although i have had a play and nothing seems to work, at the moment there is one going from telly to fr view, and one from video to fr view. is this right ? and can it be any other reason. Please help there is a new series of spooks tonight and i have to work. Many thanks

Tthere should be a SCART from the VCR to the FVB and a scart from the FVB to the TV.

There should be a co ax (aeriel) lead into the VFB and from the VFB to the TV.

For playing pre recorded tapes FVB should be off.

For recording FVB box should be on and the VCR set to AV.

Warning this is from memory it is 18 months since I crawled about the floor looking pushing the leads into a friends set up and I cannot check in France

well thank you, you 2 i have now fixed it . It was a missing arieal lead that was in the pinched dvd which is now back where it belongs, and i can go to work in peace now knowing i can watch spooks on my return tomorrow, good night all and many thanks 

[quote user="jayjay"]Here you go Pads, you could look on here too. Just tick the boxes that apply & it will give you a map of the connections. http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html [/quote]

jayjay

Thank you so much for the link. Not being techy minded my OH and I have had all kinds of problems connecting stuff and I feel sure this site has just solved them all.

Thank you [:D][:D][:D]

Sue