French TV again..

Hi all have read a lot of the Threads but........................ I have an English TV and Have a receiver/dish picking up freeview.

They are selling an indoor antenna/receiver in Auchan and the assistant tells me i can use it with my english TV and receive French channels. Now bearing in mind what everyone has said on here  IS SHE RIGHT ?

Thanks

Paul

[quote user="Tillac"]

Hi all have read a lot of the Threads but........................ I have an English TV and Have a receiver/dish picking up freeview.

They are selling an indoor antenna/receiver in Auchan and the assistant tells me i can use it with my english TV and receive French channels. Now bearing in mind what everyone has said on here  IS SHE RIGHT ?

[/quote]

Probably, or probably not. Your UK TV may not be able to decode French SECAM TV signals. Only your TV will be able to answer this question!

BTW, & once again, Freeview is the UK terrestrial digital TV system. Not available in France. A disk picks up satellite TV, usually from Sky Digital.

If you buy a standard UHF aerial AND a terrestrial digital (TNT) box, then you will have access to about 15 French channels, and this will work with your english TV via a SCART connector.

This of course assumes that you can pick up the TNT transmission where you are.