Installer in 65

I  am trying to get my  Free to View Sky box set up in the Pyrenees and not had any luck so far.

We took the system, together with a 600mm dish with us when we got the house last year and Ive played around a couple of times when weve been over there.

I think I might need a bigger dish, possibly about a metre, but Im reluctant to spend any money money if it still wont work.

Some of the neighbors have French sat TV OK and the dishes all seem to point roughly the same way as the Sky Astra satellite so I assume its not a case of not being able to get a signal at all.

What I would like to do is get someone in who is familiar with setting up the Sky system in France to check to see if we can get a Sky signal OK and then ask them to supply and fit a dish.

Can anyone help with a name, address etc of someone in 65 who could do this please.

Thanks

Brian

I assume you're not pointing at exactly the same Sat as your French neighbours.  They will probably be wanting Hotbird and you want Astra 2d.  60cm dish could work where you are but the signal will be reduced somewhat and it will be hypercritical for alignment and in any case, whatever size dish, you need a Sat finder, It takes all the heartache away.

Thanks for the replies.

Looks like a 600mm dish is pretty borderline going by the map as we are about 10 miles from the Spanish border.

I have already got a sat finder which I have used OK in the UK.

Found good  signals in France but couldnt seem to grab onto the Astra satellite.

I suspect another problem is that, as at home in the UK in the Peak Distict, we are halfway up a SW facing hill.  We can get a belting signal in the winter but as soon as the leaves come out we lose it completely.  We are in the same situation in the Pyrenees so I have a sneaky feeling that the Astra satellite may be too low for us to get.

Could be a good thing,  make me inprove my French.

Thanks

Brian