France Telecom Tariffs

I visit my home in the Dordogne, every three weeks for three weeks, and for the time we are here the phone bill seems a bit high. Obviously we are calling the UK the most, but still it seems a tad high for the use. What are the various tariffs that you could suggest? All help, gratefully recieved!![:D]

Well you probably don't have a broadband connection. Before we got ADSL we used the ordinary FT landline and we used a system called France Monde. You buy a card at the Post Office - either €7.50 or €15 is good to start - the way the system works is explained with the card. We find it to be very cheap. If you enter the code into the 'phones' memory, it's also very easy to use.

If it was just me I think it would last a couple of years, but my other half seems to make better use of it!!

Tim

Actually I do have Broadband!! and was considering an internet phone, but have next to knowledge of them, only what I guess, which is it's a handset that plugs into your USB, has a different number? and you dial normally, withing France and Europe?

I'll check out the other suggestions, thanks

Well with broadband a whole different number of options become available to you. Over the broadband we use Skype to talk to friends and family back in the UK and other places who also have a computer, but for the odd other call, we still use the card system I previously described. Because you buy the credit on the card in advance, it's a great way to control the spending on phone calls.

We have kept, for the moment at least, the France Telecom line but are on the cheapest tarrif, although they do offer inclusive packages for international calls. It may be worth you taking a look as you are not there all the time it may suit your needs.

There are plenty of others on here who will have their own ideas and experiences - you will have to take a look at them all and decide which one will work for you best. - Good luck.

Tim