Removal companies

The Plant thing,

I moved here two years ago with 80 large potted plants, all companies that quoted which totaled about 6 said it wouldn't be a problem, just the amount of space they would take up on the lorry etc.  I know a few years ago it wasn't possible, but now all is fine from what I understand.  By the way I used a guy off 'ebay' as he quoted far less than other companies for the move and he was complete rubbish and loads of stuff got broken.  I think its a gamble and really all down to the guys doing the move, you can either be extremely lucky or very unlucky.  Besides that, alot of the guys doing the removals work for differant companies depending on what day of the week it is, who has business, and who wants to travel down to France or beyond etc.  I've moved 28 times during the last 20 years and have always used professional companies, but i've never found that the more you spend the better service you recieve, its all been down to luck and alot of finger crossing.

• 10 months later...
[blink]Sorry to start the discussion up again but I'm after a bit of advice.  After moving our furniture out to SW France (46) in 2007 (excellent removals company btw) we now find that we have a few more pieces of furniture that we want shipping over.  Probably a large transit would suffice.  I really don't want to "self drive" and wondered if anyone out there can recommend a company that ships small amounts of furniture?  I guess I'm looking for a reliable "man with a van" type of set up who operates out of London or South East.  Many thanks