Teleconnect and Windows Vista

I've been helping a friend get online with Teleconnect today. They have a new laptop which has Windows Vista on it. We got all the lights on correctly on the modem and a connection was registered (took a few filters but we got there). There's then meant to be a screen that loads in Internet Explorer presumably where you enter your login details to set up the router. Unfortunately, this screen would not load - just a "can't connect to anything" message in IE. The instructions just said to try to access a website and it'll pop up. Well, we did and it didn't. Do you have to do anything differently with Windows Vista? Is there an address that we can type in the address bar to get to that message? I'd really appreciate any help with this.

The helpline was on hold and after 7 minutes told us to make an appointment, sounded an engaged tone then hung up. 4 times.

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

All the best

Open Internet Explorer and type in     192.168.1.1     then enter

This should be the default address for your router and will let you in where you will find a place to enter the uses name and PW they have provided you with.

I seem to recall that mine were simply user and user. Until you complete this step, even though you may be showing a connection on the router you are not logged into the service.

Sorry I can't be more specific but I'm not in France at the moment so can't access my Teleconnect router so working from memory.

I presume you're connecting to the router with the ethernet cable and not trying to get in wirelessly yet because you won't !

on the teleconnect one make sure you have set it up as the instruction say with making sure about the "detect setting" tab. Had the same problem with one setting up at Xmas for a client, checked the box and all was OK. PS still waitng for then to get nback to me on the help desk from Xmas. Tech support is shocking!!!!

My experience of Teleconnect's tech support has been quite good.

I have not had any real problems, just some some queries on the accuracy of the data held on my line which Degrouptest claims is 4.8km but in reality is probably nearer 3.5 and the performance tends to confirm. When I have called I have either got through straight away or, on a couple of occasions when the line was busy and I hung up, they have called me back either later that day or the next.

You have to take as you find of course however I have to say that the level of service I personally have received is virtually unheard of in UK and from what I read in the forum not the norm for the majority of French ISP's either.

I guess the school of customer care and efficiency they all train at is international...[Www]