Help please website problem

When I try to access my website I get this message

"Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later."

Would someone tell me how to resolve this.

Leo

Yes, it means you should contact your website host and change your contract (pay extra) so that you are allowed more bandwidth (Wikipedia: "In website hosting, the term "bandwidth" is often used metaphorically, to describe the amount of data that can be transferred to or from the website or server, measured in bytes transferred over a prescribed period of time. This can be more accurately described as 'Monthly Data Transfer'. Web hosting companies often quote a monthly bandwidth limit for a website, for example 500 gigabytes per month. If visitors to the website download a total greater than 500 gigabytes in one month, the bandwidth limit will have been exceeded.")

Hi Jim Jams,

thanks for the info, my website is only a few months old and I suspect not had too many hits.

Could it be that as I was making changes to the website yesterday then it was my usage that caused the problem.

Leo

[quote user="LEO"]

Could it be that as I was making changes to the website yesterday then it was my usage that caused the problem.

[/quote]

Did you delete your site (old) when you made the changes............................................

Most download programmes do it automatically but its worth a check.