Quickest and easiest set up for the rugby this saturday?

Thanks for all your help everyone.Just to be clear in my head,if I buy a TNT and tv in France I dont need a sat dish do I ? I thought it just ran off of my aerial,I read on one of the TNT sites you can use an indoor(ie portable) aerial,would that give me enough signal? I guess it depends on location,valley,distance from transmitter etc,etc.

I'm a bit confused because in your earlier post you mentioned buying an analogue box in a shed;  I took this to mean an analogue sat box.   You can't buy an analogue terrestrial box;  it's simply a TV if it's the analogue case.

But if your trying for TNT (which is the equivalent of Digital Terrestrial TV for the UK) then it will work off a UHF aerial (commonly known as un rateau) PROVIDED you have a TNT signal in your area.   And you are right - it has nothing to do with satellite.  In which case a Brit TV will almost undoubtedly work via SCART because either the TNT box will output RGB components or a PAL signal in composite.

But TNT generally requires you to have a very good signal already - ie a ghost-free and snow-free (noiseless) analogue picture.

Have you tried a TV (French preferably) on your roof aerial?   If you just want the rugby then you can watch it on TF1 using an ordinary French analogue TV.  You might be able to do the same on a Brit TV providing it can cope with a system L SECAM picture.

Please ask if I've confused you further!

[quote user="Puzzled"]

For future reference

On the TF1 website , I could watch the game live on my computer;

[/quote]

Well yes, If you had a fast enough connection. I frequently catch up on

the F2 weather forecast that way, but at 602bps I either have a very

small screen box, or a full-size picture which is extremely blocky -

talk about "through a glass darkly.." - I wouldn't want to watch

anything with movement in it like a sports event on it (but then, like

Martin, I wouldn't be watching a sports event anyway: must be something

about the ex-bbc influence!).

p