VOIP problems on Teleconnect

Anyone else had major problems again today, its taken me ages to get through to TC and they told me they are experiencing problems (along with Tiscali users too).      I asked directly if TC were in trouble (having heard the director had left), assured they were not, but they had been taken over by Budget Telecom.    Can anyone shed light on this one?   Occasionally when I am phoning out and speaking on the phone we hear ringing (coming from the other phone in the house), phone is answered and we can speak to that person whilst continuing on the other phone too.  

This morning, I was on a two-hour telephone call to a friend (a girl has to do what a girl has to do) in the UK and I was disconnected three times - she could hear me but I couldn't hear her.  So, yes, there were problems.  I would love to know why (non-technical explanation please) of anyone knows.

well I must say I'm not impressed with VOIP  if this thread is anything to go by.  Rebooting, disconnects,  mis dialling, double connections what else !!  Anyone thinking about buying into VOIP for their main phone be very careful - it cannot be relied upon, no matter what the techies may say.

pcwhizz,

the other side of the coin - we have been using voip for nearly two years. First with Club Internet and now with Alice. We very rarely notice any difference from the normal FT line (which we still have) and have paid about 5 euros in call charges (mainly to mobiles) in that time. I know many others also do not have problems even without the FT line...

I do like keeping the FT line though - just in case

Danny