Maps not properly aligned.

On my computer, when using via michelin or google for route planning, the suggested highlighted route is not aligned with the map, but is usually somewhere between half and one centimetre (on the screen) to the north west.  Is there anything I can do to re-adjust it?

I use windows XP, SP2, with IE7.

My wife has her own lap top which uses the same livebox as me, and also with a wifi connection, and that lap top aligns properly.  She uses windows XP, SP2, but with IE6.

Also should I update her IE6 to IE7?

Many thanks in advance,

David

Think your screen is displaying the web pages at the wrong resolution. see what you wife's laptop is doing and alter your monitor accordingly.

If you are using Firefox, then it's simply 'CTRL + '+'' to make the font bigger, and 'CTRL+ '-'' to make it smaller. Not sure if that works on IE though.

p

Gyn_Paul;

I'm sure you know that screen resoulution and font size are 2 entirely different things and if resolution is the problem it's unlikely that a font change will fix it.

In IE6 (don't know about 7) pressing Ctrl whilst rolling the mouse wheel changes the screen font.

David:

Should you upgrade to IE7 ?

IMHO probably better to take the opportunity to switch to Firefox. There will be some learning to do in either case so better to put that effort into Firefox which is the by far the better browser.

[quote user="ErnieY"]

Gyn_Paul;

I'm sure you know that screen resoulution and font size are 2 entirely different things and if resolution is the problem it's unlikely that a font change will fix it.

In IE6 (don't know about 7) pressing Ctrl whilst rolling the mouse wheel changes the screen font.

David:

Should you upgrade to IE7 ?

IMHO probably better to take the opportunity to switch to Firefox. There will be some learning to do in either case so better to put that effort into Firefox which is the by far the better browser.

[/quote]

Yes, you're quite right : Senior moment caused by working too late in unheated draughty barn clearly causing congelation of few remaining brain cells. Changing the screen resolution size will blow things up and off the screen (or make them too small to read) as a single unit, whereas changing the screen font can alter the relative position of webpage cells. I was positing that the route cell is overlaid on the map cell, but this might be total goolies.

Yes the wheel + CTRL works in IE7 (about the only thing that does!)

No - don't update to IE7 : it's ghastly, migrate to Firefox !

Right. Now that that's sorted, I must go and clean up. Anyone know how to get blobs of mastique chemique of your hands? I was convinced this cartridge was well past it's use-by date, but apparently not, and I now appear to be cover in barnacles. Now I'll never play the glockenspiel again [8-)]

p

[quote user="Gyn_Paul"]Anyone know how to get blobs of mastique chemique of your hands? I was convinced this cartridge was well past it's use-by date, but apparently not, and I now appear to be cover in barnacles. Now I'll never play the glockenspiel again [8-)][/quote]and I can't get the ruddy blobs off my screen either [:D]

Thanks for your answers, but I am now in trouble with my computer.

I am writing this on a borrowed computer as mine has completely crashed.

I am trying to contact Tim, of Kalyn Computers, but so far no luck.

Will be off line for a while now, unless I can borrow this computer again.

If anyone is talking to Tim, I would be grateful if you would let him know - thanks.

David