CHECK YOU TEXT MESSAGES

This may ring a bell with others.

I was until a few days ago with a certain phone company (aimed at Brits).... 

They stopped sending me accounts in November last year, something to do with a change of ownership.  It was not till I noticed my bills increased a great deal (from bank statements) that I though anything was up...   I contacted the company and asked for hard copies of the last 3 bills.

When they arrived I spend hours going over them.  First off my daughter, who is 12 years old and goes to bed at 9:30pm seemed to be sening texts at 1:30am and 5:30am etc...  Alos late at night.   One number it seemed she texted 176 times in 5 days.  We checked the number and it turned out to be that of her friend but she (the friend)  had not used the phone for over 4 months!!

I noticed numerous other anomolies, not least my daughter texting my wife (we all live in the same house) 22 times in 3 hours one school night??

I have cancelled both my contracts with the company.

I have sent them 3 emails, made 4 calls and written a recrded letter to them.  Finally they agree that MAYBE there is a system error.  They tell me not to panic and that they will refund obver charging...

Try as I might I just cannot seem to impress upon these people how serious this is.  I suggested that if the error had not been so huge, first they would probably not believe me and second I probably would not have noticed....  They just say that I am over reacting???

I urge anyone who has an account with a Telecoms company which last year changed hands and which stopped sending invoices by emeail in October or December...  CHECK YOUR BILLS!!!!

Hope this is of use to you...  Sorry about spelling..  I am a bit angry!

[8-)]

[quote user="ErnieY"]

[quote user="majlen"]Sorry about spelling..  I am a bit angry![8-)][/quote]Is your anger just about the overbilling or are you still angry over your wife running off with the petrol pump attendant from Calais [6]

[/quote]

I'm a fast healer....  She left the Jag and the hand cream!

[quote user="majlen"]

is 12 years old and goes to bed at 9:30pm seemed to be sening texts at 1:30am and 5:30am etc...  Alos late at night.   One number it seemed she texted 176 times in 5 days.  We checked the number and it turned out to be that of her friend but she (the friend)  had not used the phone for over 4 months!!

I noticed numerous other anomolies, not least my daughter texting my wife (we all live in the same house) 22 times in 3 hours one school night??

[/quote]

I know this may come as a shock, but I think your wife may be having that affair with that petrol pump attendant from Calais after all and they're using your daughter's phone...

[:P]

[quote user="Catalpa"][quote user="majlen"]

is 12 years old and goes to bed at 9:30pm seemed to be sening texts at 1:30am and 5:30am etc...  Alos late at night.   One number it seemed she texted 176 times in 5 days.  We checked the number and it turned out to be that of her friend but she (the friend)  had not used the phone for over 4 months!!

[/quote]

I know this may come as a shock, but I think your wife may be having that affair with that petrol pump attendant from Calais after all and they're using your daughter's phone...

[:P]

[/quote]

Let's not be silly now!!!  The telephone thing is very serious.  ... As an update they have admitted to me that they have a software error... Yet.... They seem to think I am over reacting!!!!   I asked has it affected any one else's telephone and guess what they say....  

Like I say, check your bills.... and your Teds if you must