When your techno know how is worse than your French, life is difficult

We have a livebox and can use ADSL via the wired connection but not WIFI

I know the computer is OK as I logged on using the WIFI facility of a hotel 

We contacted FT who directed us to the local FT shop. They weren't very helpful and said 'of course it wont work' and we should get back in touch with FT.

They did say however that a plug in device would help.

Has anyone out there had problems wirelessly connecting to livebox

ps the computer is an acer aspire 9300/7000 series 

Have you typed in the 24 (I think it's 24) digit code that's underneth your livebox onto your computer? And after that, pressed the number 1 button on the livebox when your computer searches for the network. This liases your livebox to your putie. It's an additional security measure.

Above all, try to avoid installing the software that comes with the livebox. Just let windows do the searching.

I wonder if there ought to be a sticky on liveboxes? They seem to cause the most problems on here.

[quote user="cookehouse"]

Has anyone out there had problems wirelessly connecting to livebox

[/quote]

No none at all with an ordinary laptop, had a few problems with a mac laptop but that is not unusual. Just followed the instructions as explained by Lynda and Richard in the post above this. Though IMHO I think the code might be 26 digits long;

PS Has your machine got a switch to switch on wireless? My Toshiba has and until I found it I did have a  momentary problem.

Sue

Thanks guys

Yes did enter 26 chrs code and switch was on - just repeated it and cofirmed il ne marche pas

HOWEVER I have just had success I repeated the whole process with the cable attached and then disconnected it - I'll go to the foot of our stairs - it worked I'M WIFI

This all goes to prove computers do have a mind of their own.

So don't forget

If at first you can't succeed

suck sausages!

If you are having problems with your livebox, this could be a useful site?

http://livebox.tomhallam.co.uk/forum/index.php

You may even be able to have 'liveprinter' and have your printer as a local printer on ALL of the PCs on your home network???

Good-ere-init!

Edit :- Just thought? I think that the expression should read something like "Nothing will suck seed like a budgie without a beak", but it may just be a local saying somewhere [8-)][:$]?