I seem to recall seeing something about French operators having a form of temporary opt-in ADSL.

I am now struggling to find any reference to it and would welcome any advice.

Thanks in advance.

John

(p.s. my line in France is with FT and is occasionally suspended under the maison secondaire system)

I don't think this exists unfortunately although I'm quite happy for someone to prove me wrong.

The nearest I know of is Teleconnect who have a sans engagement policy where you can cancel and re-subscribe at any time but there are substantial cancellation and reconnection fees not to mention having to return their router or get charged for it so it makes absolutely no economic sense whatsoever. You can see the fees HERE

Some ISP's have a cheap package for around €14/mth I believe but not sure which.

it is not exactly PAYG internet. - in the sense of mobile phone PAYG. If you manage to find the terms and conditions, there will somethng like giving one or two months written notice of resiliation. This will make it a bit difficult to stop and start it I imagine.

Depending on where the house is, the cheapest service will be from Neuf or tele2 - 14.90 or 19.90 a month with some conditions normally and (unlike Orange) with no speed limit.

Danny