Grundig Digibox remote stops functioning

I have a Grundig Digibox which has the numbers GDS 310/2  and GAF 9700, it abruptly just stopped responding to its remote control after some power interruptions due to thunderstorms.   It is NOT the batteries, which are OK!  Is there any sort of reset procedure for these things to re-boot it? Don't have any manual as it was a gift and about 6 years old anyway.

Steve 

If it is a Sky Digibox ( Edit have just checked it is a sky digibox) did you set up the remote to operate your TV - If so does the TV still respond to the remote ?

Do you have any neighbours or friends with Sky so you can check your remote on their box and vice versa ?

Does the box respond OK to the buttons on the front ?

If you post where in France you are you may find somebody with a spare remote but it sounds like the box rather than the remote 

Thanks for the quick suggestions! 

Yes it is a Sky digibox.  The TV has its own remote and that's OK. No neighbours with a similar box (in fact no close British neighbours!).  

Initially it wasn't responding to the buttons on the front either, but I tried power off and restart, and now it does - will maybe try leaving it off longer. 

I'm on northern edge of Vaucluse (84) near Vaison la Romaine.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...