Intermittent Internet problem

Operating an Orange Livebox which has been disconnecting from the internet intermittently. The box (an Invertel one)has been tested by an Orange engineer, reconnected and all seemed well. However it's dropped out again. 

One theory that has been suggested to me is that it could be a problem because we have an English PC and this could be causing problems with a build up of static electricity as they have different earthing arrangements. Can anyone verify this? Does this seem like a possible reason for our problem?

Related to this is that we have actually got mild shocks off the computer (and also our English dishwasher) but I am inclined to put this down to some sort of eathing problem with our entire system. This needs looking at I know, but is this likely to be affecting the performance of the Livebox?

Any thoughts or observations would be very much appreciated.

Nick   

[quote user="Nickd"]

One theory that has been suggested to me is that it could be a problem because we have an English PC and this could be causing problems with a build up of static electricity as they have different earthing arrangements. [/quote]

My OH's English laptop works as excellently as my French laptop with our Livebox.

Occasionally we too have very short dropouts with Orange = approx once a month in 'season' ie July and August* and less often during the rest of the year. These dropouts usually last about 5 to 10 mins at most. We don't disconnect the Livebox but just leave it and it sorts itself out in a few mins.

*We live in a seaside holiday area with lots of 'maisons secondaires' within a 10 mile radius.

Sue

[quote user="Nickd"]

One theory that has been suggested to me is that it could be a problem because we have an English PC and this could be causing problems with a build up of static electricity as they have different earthing arrangements. Can anyone verify this? Does this seem like a possible reason for our problem?

Nick   

[/quote]

I am no engineer but I seriously doubt that they have any difference apart from the keyboard. 

However one friend of mine has noticed that French electricity is obviously different because it is safe to have open sockets near a sink.

Our livebox drops off about 2 or 3 times a week. Normally unplug for a couple of secs and back in and it's fine again.

Our desktop pc has an ethernet connection to it and this normally drops off more regularly for some reason. It is a German pc, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. The desktop does the bulk of our downloading, so have often wondered if it is Orange kicking that computer off somehow, although I doubt it's that. Regularly goes off just as I am about to stream a football match, but this is normally due to it raining. What rain has to do with it, I don't know, but there you go. I just think our livebox hates Everton (my team), the kopite.

Wirelessly, on our laptops no real problems.

R.