Hi People.

Could someone offer some advice, I have recently downloaded Skype, got it all working, then bought a camara, which after messing about have now got that working, my brother in Australia has been on at me to get this set up, as he says he is always calling me, my comment your the one with all the money.anyway.

I seem to have lost the sound on my laptop, tried resetting the sliders, but as soon as I hit ok, they all went back to zero.

This afternoon while running a video from the forum, I thought I heard sound coming from the phone, sure enough it was, when I unpuged the phone from the USB I got the sound back on the laptop, so it appears the phone it causing the problem. any Ideas please how can I cure this.

Thanks

Colin

Hi Colin

I'm not sure you have a problem or fault - I too use Skype but not with a Skype phone, but it seems to me that the software that runs your Skype phone is disconnecting the loudspeakers when it is plugged in.This may be done to prevent feedback when using the phone near the computer.

Perhaps someone else on here can shed a little more light on this.

Regards - Tim

The Skype phone is an audio device and when you connect it the computer recognises it as the primary device. You can try to solve the problem by going into the Skype Tools/Options menu and click on the audio settings tab on the left. Change the settings for "speakers" from windows default to the device you require. I don't have a phone on mine so I am not sure what your devices will be called. Hope this solves your problem!

If this doesn't work for you then go HERE and follow the instructions.