Freesat Foxsat Humax HD Remote Problem

I am very happy with our Freesat box but in the BBC1 text "Sport Multiscreen" option (3001), if I select any of the number options nothing happens.Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions of a cure? I've tried the usual Google search but with no luck.

Other than this glitch, the quality of the Full HD (1080i) transmission (on BBC HD and ITV HD)  is superb.

Peter 

I seem to be able to select the chosen page ok on my machine. Like you, I'm very pleased with the box - mine is the HDR with recording function and it really has made recording programmes very simple, and the HD is superb.

Sorry I can't help more.

Regards - Tim

Have you tried when something is actually being broadcast ?  Fore instance today, Thursday 15th Jan at 5:15 UK Time,  the snooker should be being broadcast. I think the alternative sports feeds for wimbledon etc. are 'dead' unless an event is being broadcast.

Failing that try posting on :

http://notonyourtelly.co.uk/forum/

or

digitalspy as I don't think many members will have purchased a freesat box yet. 

Tim,

Thanks for this. I would like to buy the HDR version eventually but it's a little outside my budget at the moment. It took me all last year to persuade the OH we needed to change the telly for a Full HD LCD one! Then I bought the Freesat box just before Christmas.

AR

Thanks for the comments. I have just tried to select option number 2 which is supposed to be the snooker highlights. Nothing happens. I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with the remote, though the munber keys work fine when selecting TV or radio channels.

I'll try the links you've provided.

Peter

I haven't checked so this may be out of date,  but last time I looked a lot of the multiscreen stuff for the BBC simply hadn't been implemented on "freesat".   In my case I was trying to get at the news multiscreens and eventually found (can't remember whether on screen or whether I read it) that the software simply hadn't been implemented.

Having said that,   I thought at the time that they HAD got the sports stuff working so what I've written may be complete you-know-what.

I have a Panasonic TV with the Freesat tuner built in. I can confirm that both the Multi screen function and Text services are operational and also that you can change the Multi screens to the one of your choice. 

Peter, it might be worth trying out your box on someone Else's setup this will at least determine if it is your dish or the box. I would be surprised if is it is your remote as it is obviously able to change channels.

Baz

Well my turn to ask then - on the main red button menu I have

News 102

Sport 300

Weather 400

Business 200

Entertainment 500

Lottery 555

Sports Multiscreen 3001

Regional News 160

This is on two Grundig freesats.  How do I get the News Multiscreen?  

Tim?

I've just checked Digital Spy and there are several threads about the lack of News Multiscreen on freesat - as I thought.   There's no thread saying "Hooray! It's Here" so presumably I'm not the only one who can't get it?

I must admit, Martin, that I've had very little time to play with this box since we got it. I can say that yesterday I was having a look at the snooker when the BBC2 coverage finished and went via the red button to watch the end of the match, but that's about as far as I've got.

If I get the chance this evening I'll have another nose aound and will report back.

Tim

I have posted the same query on  "notonyourtelly" (thanks Anton) so we'll see if anyone else can shed any light on this problem

I find the multi channel text option excellent when watching Wimbledon etc as you can chooose which match to watch.

I didn't realise Freesat could be quite so complicated.

Peter

[quote user="Martinwatkins"]Thanks Tim.   I'd be grateful as I'm now puzzled,  particularly as Baz has got it to work.  

I don't often need the news multi screen (and could get a Sky box out if I did) but it would be nice to know for certain how to get at it!
[/quote]

Martin, I am sorry if I have caused confusion, but OP was talking about the Sports Multi Screen and that is what I was replying to. There is no News Multi Screen  on freesat at the present time. It appears that the red button on Freesat is very limited compared with Freeview and Sky and the options available on these platforms is currently far greater.

Baz

Thanks Baz.   Indeed.   I was more thrown by Tim in the end! (although he was probably referring to the Sports stuff too).

Seems odd that getting BBC interactive to work properly is causing such mayhem for the freesat developers.  

Maybe time to "unretire" a Sky box.

Well, I've just had a quick 'play' and my Humax does the Sports multi-screen ok, but there is no sign of the News one yet.

We'll have to wait a little longer it would seem, although I do still have a Sky box hooked up to the quad lnb and feeding the DVD recorder - just in case there's something on I may want to keep. I haven't had the chance to figure out how to transfer items recorded on the Humax's hard drive to DVD yet.

Tim

On the Goodmans freesat box the BBC interactive channels are also available by entering channel numbers 0980-0991.

It is necessary to input the zero. As the specification is presumably the same for all freesat branded boxes, I guess you could try this as a work around for the Humax.

Frank

Coo,  that works on a Grundig box too.  Thank you!

Although I still don't have access to the "news" screens (do I?)   So when News 24 or whatever it's callled this week refer me to the red button on "digital satellite" they're not being quite accurate....?

Have you got any other secret channels for us Frank?

• 2 weeks later...