Renting our UK house & SKY

Hi folks, we are moving to Ariege in April.  We planned to continue our Sky account registered to our UK address and we were going to take our box etc with us to have Sky in France.  We have just agreed a let on our place in the UK but I think they want Sky there.  So can we have a Sky account in our UK address and can our tenants have a Sky account registered to the same address?  Has anyone else done this or can anyone advise?

Many thanks

Fi

I do not think Sky care one jot as long as money is coming in.

Just keep paying and let the tenant do what they want.

I would be more concerned about the tenant getting a bad credit rating during their stay in your house as this can effect you.

Be careful !

My neighbour had a similar experience and when their tenants contacted Sky for a subscription they innocently let slip that the owner had moved to France taking their Sky box with them which resulted in a blocking of their card.

I transferred my subscription to my daughters address because she is quite happy with  terrestrial TV and Freeview and will never want Sky.

If you were still living in the house yourself and wanted a second subscription then no problem.

That's an idea Ernie, thanks - I could ask my parents as I think they are quite happy with freeview.

Otherwise I should let me tennants know to just say nothing about us if they want to subscribe?  If they don't know where we have gone then Sky hopefully can't/won't do anything?

In the past I used my address,  but for the Sky in France I used an add-on to the address. So for example if your address was Treetops, tree lane, treedom, Kent

I would book sky in daughters or wife's name and say address is: Annex, Treetops, tree lane etc etc

This had advantage of getting round the issue of telephone linkage to the sky box, because the annex doesn't have a tel line.