Wi Fi problem can you help?

I'm doing this for a member of the family who is snowed in, has no credit left on the phone & is generally fed up!

She is trying to get her pc up & running using a wi fi connection (Orange I think)

She managed to get her laptop connected, but after a few times, she kept getting an error message & now she can't connect either her laptop or her desktop pc.

Here is the message (I think)

"Impossible a demarrer ce material.

Une problem de produit lors d'installation de ce material Windows ne peut pas charger le pilote de le periferique de ce material.

Le pilote est peut-etre en dommage ou absente (Code 39)

Cliquez sure terminee afin de demarrer une utilitaire de deppanage qui vous resoudre le problem."

If anyone can help with this, I would be very grateful.

Can you give more detail please,

the error message is probably referring to the driver of the wireless card or USB dongle in the PC or the laptop.Was the error displayed on both or just one?

what are they using to connect - built in wifi or usb dongle or card for the laptop?

Can they connect by cable (ethernet) -  both the machines?

What is the operating system ? Windows XP or Vista or?

Danny

Sorry Danny I don't know this & I can't get in touch with her until the snow clears. Her phone is off now & they are snowed in. (high in the Pyrenees!)

If she hasn't sorted it when I can contact her again, I will find out & would be glad of your help.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply