Lately the web has been dropping out and after some extensive testing it seems like a fault with the incoming line.  Basically I have disconnected all extensions, gone to the primary telephone box, put in a new filter and tried a couple of diffent routers.  If I then use the phone the service will connect for a short time.  I have had the service running for a couple of years without issues, so I think the incoming line has a fault, a break or water intrusion, and when the phone is used the increase in electricity pulls the line up enough for the dsl to grab.  Now the question is, who do I ring, France Telecom or Orange?

Regards

Simon

I call FT whenever I have internet problems, just the normal contact number on the phone bill.

My ADSL has been dropping out a lot too this week. When I was up at the bins the other day putting out some rubbish I spotted the FT junction box on a post near the bins had lost its cover and was open to the rain. I found the cover on the ground so popped it back on and it seems to have helped.