Loss of internet phone.

We recently returned from the UK to find our internet phone connected to an Orange Livebox not working. Calls to FranceTelecom have resulted in them offering me a new box - the current one is only two months old. Anybody suffered from anything similar?

The internet is OK.

if they've offered a new box, then take it!

At the very least they are accepting that there is a problem and it's their fault.

My friend was with ClubInternet - you don't want to know what we had to go through to get them to admit that their box was at fault!

very occasionally the internet phone can 'drop out' of service but it doesn't mean that the box is stuffed. If it happens again then unplug the Livebox from the mains, wait a minute, then switch on again. The internet phone will take about three or four minutes to become active.

As said take the new box. Somebody in another thread a while back said they took their box to an Orange shop (along with an email from Orange) and they changed it for them then and there. I mention this as Orange seem to be a bit overwhelmed at the moment and its taking a while for new box's to turn up. They come from Italy (?) I believe at the moment.