Hi,

I was not sure where to post this simple message but this forum has the answer.

I MISPLACED A CHARGER TO USE WITH A ROWENTA AC130 WET/DRY SMALL VACCUM CLEANER with Ni-Cd battery.

I have at home others marked 230v-50hz output 9v-150mA and another 9v-500mA both which light up the green charge light.

Since I might sell at vide grenier I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS USING 150 OR500mA.

Thanks.[8-)]

Without knowing what the original was it's impossible to give a definitive answer.

First question is do you know for sure that the original was 9v?

If it was then of the 2 you have the 500ma one will be the safer to use simply because it gives a greater output and will be less libel to over heat with the load but there is no guarantee that 500ma is enough and it could still possibly burn out.

A word of warning, just because the voltages and the plug might be the same it is not automatically safe to just plug a foreign charger in to see if it works. Sometimes the polarity is reversed and also some chargers give out AC not DC. These differences could quite conceivably cause a fire or even destroy the equipment you plug them into.

thanks,

The original is a 9v re-chargeable hand sized cleaner  -like a car cleaner.about 12 " long.

The cleaner was bought in France and the charger I have found  states input 230v   output  9v 150mA polarity -  @   +.

the@ sign is to represent symbol on charger which is a cirle within a circle and I presume this is the end of the wire from the charger which you put into the cleaner.Similar to some car phone chargers.

This and the cleaner have made in PRC  STAMPED ON THEM so I assume this is the one which matches my cleaner.

DOES THIS CLARIFY IT BETTER, Thanks.

It is not a new one bought but found inmy house as we have not used the small cleaner for some time.

Yes, I thought you meant that you had lost the original and that these 2 you had were just ones you had kicking around but it seems you may have the proper one.

The symbol is to illustrate which is the + and which the - but as you have plugged them into your cleaner and they work I don't think there is any problem there.

If the 150mA one doesn't get abnormally warm in use then I think you can safely put it with it when you sell it.